The role of warehouse stores controller will be focussed on providing efficient organisation of the Engineering Spares Stores, maintaining accurate stock records, ensuring timely replenishment of products and equipment, collation and packing of parts and equipment, and prompt onward despatch to customers and field service engineers. Working in a small team you will report to the Engineering Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage update and maintain stock levels
- Manage customer orders.
- Organise, order, plan and keep track of all orders and Deliveries.
- Ensure all paperwork is verified and processed
- Monitor goods-in deliveries ensuring on time in full.
- Monitor, track and control issuing of spare parts across all business areas.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers.
- Ensure best prices through current or alternative suppliers
- Maintain and regularly update stock pricelists ensuring sales pricing is accurate.
- Full responsibility for goods receipt and dispatch
- Booking in/issuing parts and components via SAGE/stock management system
- Customer Sales Orders
- Purchasing and expediting orders, negotiating prices, tracking warranty repairs.
- Liaising with field service engineering team and external suppliers
- Working to schedules and strict deadlines
- Attending meetings with departmental managers
- Cycle Counts and Stock control of all stores including van stock.
- Cover Engineering Resource Planner were applicable.
Experience and Knowledge
- The Stores Controller will be a highly motivated individual, used to working in a fast-paced environment. This role requires meticulous record keeping, the individual needs to be conscientious, reliable in their approach to work and possess the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Engineering component knowledge is advantage but not essential.
- Previous experience running stores essential
- Proven background in stock control
- Experience working in a fast paced engineering environment
- Previous consumable ordering/monitoring experience
- Organised – Pre-empt issues thus solving them before they arise
- Structured – able to plan ahead
- Driven – Desire to succeed and progress
- Time management – Able to prioritise and organise a busy day
- Process orientated – Follows rules and procedures
- Flexible – Prepared to learn new things and offer support when needed
- Assertive – Able to show/use own initiative when required
- Communication within all areas and levels of the business – Shares experience with others and builds solid relationships
- Resilient – able to maintain control and work under pressure whilst sustaining high levels of efficiency
This is an excellent opportunity and full training will be provided.
To discuss this further, please contact Judith on 07809238786 or apply via the link.