Reporting to the Engineering Service Manager within a growing organisation, the Service Engineer is the first line of contact responsible for carrying out both mechanical and electrical installation, service and general repairs on customers equipment. In this highly autonomous role, the service engineer is expected to identify and resolve any of the customers maintenance issues. This will include accurate documentation of service work, identification of replacement parts and liaising with the spares department all whilst keeping the customer informed of expected lead times.
- Travel to customer sites and diagnose electrical & mechanical faults, carry out repairs with a view to keeping customer downtime to a minimum.
- Inspection and servicing of customer machinery, providing appropriate reports and recommendations for repairs or parts to ensure reliable & safe operation.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment, providing basic operational training.
- Interpreting schematics, manuals and other specifications to ensure services and repairs are carried out in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- Completing all service documentation and timesheets daily.
- Identification of parts and coordinating ordering and delivery with spares department.
Responsibilities will include
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Develop extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices and including product details;
- Assists with or performs administrative tasks;
- Liaise with Store person to review stock requirements and ensure optimum stock levels of fast moving items;
- Continually identify training and development needs
Experience is preferred over qualifications.
This role is largely based throughout Northern Ireland and on the very odd occasion may attend sites in the South of Ireland
To discuss this role in greater detail please contact Judith on 07809238786 or apply via the link.