Logistics Manager – FMCG Industry. Excellent Opportunity to work within a company who continue to grow their international customer base. Employing over 200 staff the company have in recent years made significant investments in state of the art high speed machinery.
- Plan distribution activities in accordance with customer delivery requirements. Review service level performance on an ongoing basis and communicate regularly with the Operations Director and Managing Director in this regard.
- Control distribution, warehousing and associated costs to budgeted limits.
- Negotiate and monitor rates and performance with logistics companies to ensure competitiveness.
- Ensure effective stock management by ensuring stock rotation and carrying out stock takes and reconciliation in all warehouses including those of 3rd party distribution companies.
- Liaise with internal sales and accounts departments to ensure efficient processing of sales orders.
- Implement best working practices and operational methods in order to maintain competitiveness. Develop and implement improvements in distribution methods.
- Monitor service levels and report as required by individual customers.
- Provide “hands-on” assistance with shop floor production on an as needed basis.
- Ensure effective shop floor housekeeping of warehouse and company vehicles in accordance with legislative Health and Safety requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day management of warehousing/ delivery staff, including recruitment, training, appraisal, grievance, and disciplinary activity. In still a proactive, team oriented culture ensuring positive employee relations.
- Liaise with relevant authorities to ensure the correct certification of exports.
- Report regularly to the Operations Director and Managing Director on all aspects of logistics.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Logistics/ Supply chain preferably within the food industry
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of driving success and meeting targets and deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours as the business dictates.
22 Days Annual Leave + 9 Stat days
This role is day shift working hours 8/8:30am – 5/5:30pm. To discuss this opportunity please contact Judith on 07809238786 or apply via the link.