Logistics / Distribution Manager
New opportunity for a Logistics and Distribution Manager to join a well established manufacturing company based at their distribution site in Co. Tyrone. This role will work in a small team with the support of a logistics assistant, Supervisor and warehouse operatives.
- Plan distribution activities in accordance with customer delivery requirements.
- Review service level performance on an ongoing basis and communicate regularly with the Operations Director and Managing Director
- Control distribution, warehousing and associated costs to budgeted limits.
- Negotiate and monitor rates and performance with logistics companies to ensure competitiveness.
- Ensure effective stock management by ensuring stock rotation and carrying out stock takes and reconciliation in all warehouses including those of 3rd party distribution companies.
- Liaise with internal sales and accounts departments to ensure efficient processing of sales orders.
- Implement best working practices and operational methods in order to maintain competitiveness.
- Develop and implement improvements in distribution methods.
- Monitor service levels and report as required by individual customers.
- Provide “hands-on” assistance with shop floor production on an as needed basis.
- Ensure effective shop floor housekeeping of warehouse and company vehicles in accordance with legislative Health and Safety requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day management of warehousing/ delivery staff, including recruitment, training, appraisal, grievance, and disciplinary activity.
- Instil a proactive, team oriented culture ensuring positive employee relations.
- Liaise with relevant authorities to ensure the correct certification of exports.
To ensure the smooth delivery of the role the suitable Logistics Manager will
- Be Forward thinking and have the ability to make accurate predictions of the possible needs of the company
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Sound decision making skills
- Adaptable to change
- The ability to establish good connections with suppliers, clients, employees
This senior level appointment will report regularly to the Operations Direction and Managing Directors on all aspects of logistics.
To discuss this role in confidence please contact Judith on 07809238786 or apply via the link.