(MATERNITY COVER) 12 MONTH CONTRACT
A local FMCG company who are leaders in their field and continually expanding into new markets are looking for an NPD Technologist on a 12 month contract. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in NPD with a local innovative company who value their employees.
You will assist in the development of commercial products to meet customer requirements and help develop innovative, first to market products and processes to ensure the Business stays competitive.
- Support the product development process from concept to launch.
- Develop commercially viable products to meet customer briefs.
- Investigate and ensure products are developed to adhere and meet legislation.
- Review existing product recipes to maintain or improve product quality without jeopardising profitability.
- Plan and execute production trials in conjunction with the production and technical teams.
- Attend customer meetings to showcase new products and discuss improvement of existing products.
- Research and develop innovative products which will give a competitive edge over the competition. Researching newest trends in the market.
- Develop relationships with all departments of the business: Marketing/Sales, Technical, Production, Purchasing, Engineering.
- Documenting and controlling new recipes and changing to existing recipes.
- Arrange routine quality assessments and palatability testing of new and existing products.
- Attendance at exhibitions to source new raw materials and new suppliers.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability.
- Variety of new and ongoing projects.
- Preferably Degree/Diploma qualified in a Food Science Discipline.
- At least one year’s experience in a FMCG Product Development role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Have attention to detail.
- Good numerical skills.
- Have a creative flair.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, email, internet and presentation software.
Please contact Judith on 07809238786 to discuss in further detail or email email@example.com